2.16.2011

New York Fashion Week: Boy Meets Girl w/ performance by Natasha Bedingfield


Last night was the Boy Meets Girl fashion show, and my very first New York Fashion Week event. Although it was a little chaotic and despite the fact I was in the back standing section, I had a really great time and took AMAZING pictures of the models (if I do say so myself). All these photos were taken by me. I even surprised myself how I was able to take them from where I was standing (and with my newbie skills). I owe it all to my Donna Karan platform wedges + my Nikon. Thank you Boy Meets Girl and Stacy Igel for choosing me as your winner!



Photobucket

Photobucket

I truly love the Fall 2011 collection. The relaxed layers and the gray washed colors would blend perfectly in NYC. Below are my favorite pieces from the runway show, I just LOVE the details:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Zippers, straps, and asymmetrical tops give the wearer an ease for layering. Comfort is key in this collection, which is what I look for in the casual city girl look on the go.

Photobucket

The beautiful and ever talented Natasha Bedingfield with designer Stacy Igel.

Natasha Bedingfield was the reason why I turned down an invitation to attend Tibi AND why I turned down an invitation to Frank Tell. I won invitations to both of them and they both were at the same time as Boy Meets Girl! What are the chances that I would win three fashion week invitations and they would all be at the same time? My luck this week has been ridiculous on my scale (since something like this hardly happens). I was sad to let two great opportunities go, but how could I pass up Natasha Bedingfield??

I bought her latest CD "Strip Me" before heading over to the Metropolitan Pavilion and had my trusty roommate with me. It was all thanks to her that I was able to get Natasha to sign my CD (I kept thinking "I'll be damned if I didn't get her to sign it")!! *SIGH* Such a dream! I wish I could be blonde with her voice.

1 comment:

  1. looks so fun. x


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a $50 giftcard to PTAK apparel if you'd like to check it out. :) x
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete